DelveInsight’s “Lamellar Ichthyosis Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast 2032” report delivers an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the Lamellar Ichthyosis market trends in the seven major markets (7MM) (i.e the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom) and Japan.
The market report covers emerging drugs, current treatment practices, market share of the individual therapies, market drivers, barriers, unmet medical needs, current and forecasted market size from 2019 to 2032 segmented by seven major markets.
Lamellar Ichthyosis Disease Overview
Lamellar Ichthyosis (LI) is a rare genetic disorder, where skin cells are produced at a normal rate, but they do not separate normally at the surface of the outermost layer of skin and are not shed as quickly as they should be which lead to the formation of scale. Infants affected with Lamellar Ichthyosis are born encased in a hyperkeratotic translucent membrane, known as collodion baby, and within 2-week, develop large, thick, brownish lamellar scales with minimal erythema. Additionally, Lamellar Ichthyosis is associated with crumpled ears, alopecia, eclabium, and ectropion.
As per the Ichthyosis Support Group (2020), Lamellar Ichthyosis cannot be diagnosed prenatally. It is important that Lamellar Ichthyosis is considered in any persistently red baby to avoid misdiagnosis or incorrect treatment.
Currently, there is no approved therapy for the treatment of Lamellar Ichthyosis, however, off-label therapies like retinoids, emollients, and keratolytic are available for symptomatic treatment like removal of scales.
Lamellar Ichthyosis Market Key Facts
- As per the study by Dreyfus et al. (2014), the reported prevalence of Lamellar Ichthyosis was estimated to be around 4.5 in a million; this was the first study to explore the prevalence of inherited Ichthyosis in France.
- The total prevalent population of Lamellar Ichthyosis in the 7MM was 4,038 in 2017.
- According to DelveInsight analysis, in the genetic mutation-specific cases of Lamellar Ichthyosis for 7MM, most of the cases are found with TGM1 mutation. It is estimated that about 1,817 cases with TGM1 mutation were estimated for the year 2017, during the study period (2017–2030).
- Among the European 5 countries, Germany had the highest diagnosed prevalent population of Lamellar Ichthyosis with 222 cases in 2017, followed by France and the United Kingdom. On the other hand, Spain had the lowest diagnosed prevalent population of Lamellar Ichthyosis, i.e., 135 cases in 2017.
- As per DelveInsight, Japan accounts for 16% of the 7MM patient population of Lamellar Ichthyosis in 2017.
Key Benefits of Lamellar Ichthyosis Market Report
- The market report provides an in-depth analysis of Lamellar Ichthyosis Market size, share, and epidemiology in 7MM.
- The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding the trends & developments, key players operating in the market, and future competition that will drive and shape the market outlook in the upcoming years.
- The report covers the factors stimulating the Lamellar Ichthyosis market growth, current treatment practices, emerging drugs, market share of the individual therapies.
- The report provides a detailed assessment of the patient population, unmet needs, comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, and other factors.
As per DelveInsight, the market size of Lamellar Ichthyosis in the 7MM was found to be USD 3.9 million in 2017.
The Lamellar Ichthyosis market size is anticipated to increase in the coming years, owing to the expected entry of premium price assets, development of gene therapies for the treatment of Lamellar Ichthyosis, increase in awareness among the physicians, and better diagnostic tools such as biomarkers for the especially early stage of the disease.
The market outlook section of the report helps to build a detailed comprehension of the historic, current, and forecasted Lamellar Ichthyosis market size and share by analyzing the impact of current therapies on the market, unmet needs, and demand for better technology.
The report gives a thorough detail of market trends, growth opportunities of each marketed and late-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on the annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria, mechanism of action, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, and view of the key opinion leaders.
Get the PDF Sample of the Report @ Lamellar Ichthyosis Market Analysis
- Development of Gene Therapies
- Less Competitive Therapeutic Landscape
- Improvement in the Diagnosis
Lamellar Ichthyosis Epidemiology
The epidemiology section covers insights about historical and current Lamellar Ichthyosis patient pool and forecasted trends for every seven major markets from 2019 to 2032. It helps to recognize the causes of current and forecasted Lamellar Ichthyosis epidemiology trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. The epidemiology section also provides the diagnosed patient pool and their trends along with assumptions undertaken.
Discover more about the epidemiological segmentation @ Lamellar Ichthyosis Epidemiology Analysis
Lamellar Ichthyosis Epidemiology Segmentation
- Total Prevalent Cases
- Genetic Mutation-specific Cases
- Total Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Severity-Specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Total Treated Cases of Lamellar Ichthyosis
Lamellar Ichthyosis Drugs Uptake and Key Market Players
The drugs uptake section focuses on the rate of uptake of the potential drugs recently launched in the Lamellar Ichthyosis market or expected to get launched in the market during the study period. The analysis covers the drug uptake; patient uptake by therapies; and sales of each drug.
Report’s Drugs Uptake section helps in understanding the drugs with the most rapid uptake, reasons behind the maximal use of new drugs and allow the comparison of the drugs on the basis of market share and size which again will be useful in investigating factors important in market uptake and in making financial and regulatory decisions.
The report also covers the Lamellar Ichthyosis Pipeline Development Activities and provides valuable insights about different therapeutic candidates in Phase II, and Phase III stages and the key companies in the market involved in developing targeted therapeutics. It also analyses the recent development such as collaborations, acquisitions, and mergers, licensing patent details, and other information.
There are very limited options of medications that can be used to treat Ichthyosis. At the present time, there is no cure available to treat Ichthyosis and the current options are only off-label therapies like emollients, keratolytics, and retinoids are used for symptomatic treatment.
The dynamics of the Lamellar Ichthyosis market is anticipated to change in the coming years owing to the rise in numbers of company’s taking interest in the development of drugs for Lamellar Ichthyosis, improvement in the diagnosis, expected launch of emerging therapies.
- Mayne Pharma
- Krystal Biotech
- Timber Pharmaceuticals
And several others
Lamellar Ichthyosis Therapies covered in the report includes:
- Trifarotene (CD5789)
And many more.
Get More Detailed Insights into the Emerging Therapies & Key Companies:- Lamellar Ichthyosis Therapeutics Landscape
Table of Content
- Key Insights
- Executive Summary
- Lamellar Ichthyosis Competitive Intelligence Analysis
- Lamellar Ichthyosis Market Overview at a Glance
- Lamellar Ichthyosis Disease Background and Overview
- Lamellar Ichthyosis Patient Journey
- Lamellar Ichthyosis Epidemiology and Patient Population
- Lamellar Ichthyosis Treatment Algorithm, Current Treatment, and Medical Practices
- Lamellar Ichthyosis Unmet Needs
- Key Endpoints of Lamellar Ichthyosis Treatment
- Lamellar Ichthyosis Marketed Products
- Lamellar Ichthyosis Emerging Therapies
- Lamellar Ichthyosis Seven Major Market Analysis
- Attribute Analysis
- Lamellar Ichthyosis Market Outlook (7 major markets)
- Lamellar Ichthyosis Access and Reimbursement Overview
- KOL Views on the Lamellar Ichthyosis Market.
- Lamellar Ichthyosis Market Drivers
- Lamellar Ichthyosis Market Barriers
- DelveInsight Capabilities
*The table of contents is not exhaustive; the final content may vary.
Request Sample Report here:- Lamellar Ichthyosis Therapeutics Market Outlook
Latest Reports By DelveInsight:
- Lamellar Ichthyosis (LI) Epidemiology Forecast
- Lamellar Ichthyosis Pipeline Insight
- Acute Gout Flare Market
- Acute On Chronic Liver Failure (ACLF) Market
- Acute ischemic stroke (AIS) Market
- Bevacizumab Biosimilars Insight
- Brain Hemorrhage Market
- Corneal Endothelial Dystrophy Market
Latest Healthcare Blogs By DelveInsight:
- Neuroprosthetics Market Analysis
- Oncological Drugs Expected to Launch in 2022
- Key Companies in the Antibody-Drug Conjugate (ADC) Market
- Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Treatment Therapies
- Robotic Surgery Trends and Development
- Neuroprosthetics Market Analysis
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant and Market Research firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports Pharma companies by providing end-to-end comprehensive solutions to improve their performance. Get hassle-free access to all the healthcare and pharma market research reports through our subscription-based platform PharmDelve.
Assistant Manager, Marketing & IB
Phone No: +91-9650213330
Email: [email protected]
Connect With Us: LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter
For Latest Update: Healthcare Blog
Request for Sample Copy of the Report at: